Monday, January 5, 2015

I'm Back!





           Hey everyone!  Welcome to my blog where I will talk about whatever strikes my fancy.  This blog is mainly going to be used for bracketology because I want to beat Joe Lunardi and I already got a start with that last year.  Before I post my first bracket of the year I just wanted to take some time to reflect.  Last year went pretty well.  I had done this for about three years before I decided to go public with this.  I'm happy to say I only missed one team, the same team a lot of people included last year, SMU.  I still don't understand that, but it doesn't matter.  This year I'm going for 100% in the bracket. 


                 Three Other Quick Thoughts Before the Bracket
  1. I know a lot of people have written articles and posts about the University of Kentucky basketball team.  I'm not going to spend a lot of time here doing that because although I love them, I go to UK and am a huge fan, I can't stand when people rehash the same story for months.  Seriously though, this Kentucky team is special.  With the SEC as weak as it, this team will almost certainly be a number 1 seed come March, with undefeated talk still potentially ringing in their ears.  As someone who has been to almost everyone of their games it's amazing how the game is only fun for 10 minutes and then the other 30 minutes turn in to how embarrassing is this going to get for the other team. I love it.  I know most people don't, but it truly is special.
  2. On to talk about this bracket specifically.  It is so hard to nail down the 68 teams that will comprise the bracket at this point.  Thankfully we have 12 weeks to narrow it down and see who really will be dancing in March.  I considered many teams that didn't make the bracket.  At this point in the season the bubble is still huge.
  3. Since I have this blog, I'm going to also make a college football prediction.  I might get another post up before the national championship game, but just in case I don't, I'm predicting a 42-34 Oregon win over Ohio State.  The Ohio State quarterback story is great but it will run into an offense that can't be stopped and a defense that shut down a top 2 quarterback prospect.  This will of course lead to Chip Kelly attempt to trade half the team to land Marcus Mariotta.  I'm excited, you should be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment